Saturday, October 24, 2015

24 Hour Fall City Guide:Remsen Street Flea Market!

Eventbrite is curating 24 Hour Fall City Guides for the Capital Region, so I was excited to share one of my favorite pastimes.

If a visitor had one day to spend in my city, where would I recommend them to go see? 

And if you even know the smallest bit about me, I love flea markets and all things vintage. I recently found out about the Remsen Street Flea Market over in Cohoes and it's now one of my most favorite places to go. 

This place is phenomenal! And it's indoors! If the weather turns sour, this place is still open.










There were so many things I wanted to buy! I could literally spend hours here browsing. But I gave myself a limit of about $20, that way I would only buy things that I absolutely loved. 


I ended up buying this little chair with sewing storage under the seat!! I've been looking for something like this for a while because I have all my sewing stuff is in an open basket and everything tends to get a bit lost. This little chair was perfect because it was marked down to only $15! This chair and me...was fate.
 

And as you can see, once I got this baby home, all my sewing things fit quite nicely inside with room to spare.

Any day in the Fall isn't complete unless I wear a whole lot of plaid. 

 Black Sweater, hair scarf & belt-Laura's Vintage
Plaid Pants-Etsy
Trench Coat-Thrift Store


 1940s Celluloid Red Maple Leaf Necklace-Orphan Annie's
Pearl Puppy Brooch-CollectionSelection


Vintage Style Boots-GoJane

 Pearl's Hoodie-Petsmart

Even Pearl got to wear plaid houndstooth today because we had to stop by Petsmart for some doggy errands. And the puppy clothes were 30% off! How could I not?

A little about Eventbrite:

"Eventbrite is the world's largest self-service ticketing platform. We build the technology to allow anyone to create, share, find and attend new things to do that fuel their passions and enrich their lives. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, air guitar competitions, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions - you name it, we power it. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences."

Eventbrite is a great place to find, plan and organize local events!



 

1 comment:

  1. What! Jealous of your find! What a great piece. :)
    I've never even heard of this market! More and more I feel like I need to take a trip upstate soon. Haha
    Love your outfit too, the pants are great.

    ReplyDelete