Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Vintage family photos.

Even though I don't call as often as I should, I do love my Grandma. Sadly, since I have moved from Oklahoma to Upstate New York, I haven't been able to see my family as much as I would like. Plus, the avoidance of seeing my father over personal matters and indiscretions on his part, I haven't been able to see this side of the family in quite a while. I'll be remedying this later this Fall though.
 
I found these photos on my uncle's Facebook and thought they would be great to share with you all.




 My Grandma and her sister as children.

 

  My Grandma as a teenager.



My grandma's wedding photo.




 Everyone's Sunday best.


My Great Grandma Wilky.



My Great Grandpa Wilky.
 


My Great Grandpa with a few of my uncles playing dominoes.





My Great Grandma. <3


Ponca City, Oklahoma after a particularly bad snowstorm!

 
One of my uncles looking particularly adorable.
 
Also, I'd like to add that I found out that Lauren Bacall passed away yesterday at age 89. 

"[Katharine Hepburn] was much stronger, much more opinionated than I am or ever was, and it was considered attractive on her. But not on me. I don’t know. Maybe her Bryn Mawr accent was more appealing than mine."
 
 
RIP
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment